Question:
which american airline is the safest?
miss10166
2006-01-12 17:13:14 UTC
My goal is to go from Montreal to Las Vegas in May 2006
Four answers:
2006-01-12 18:20:26 UTC
Pick Air Canada, it will be direct, and has never had a crash. Or Westjet, stay with a Canadian carrier. Niether are in debt, and both have great service.
mdhfinsc
2006-01-12 17:15:35 UTC
Southwest (USA) hasn't had a passenger die, this doesn't make it the safest airline, only shows its track record, you have to take into consideration that fleet size is a key issue with these stats.

The chance of being in a plane crash on a U.S. carrier is only 1 per 2 million flights.

As a general rule, newer aircraft model are safer for obvious reasons. The Boeing 777 has been in operation for about 5 years and has the least accident rate. It would be my choice as the safest aircraft. Besides, I fly this aircraft and can vouch for its comfort and reliability. I do not represent the Manufacturer but I can say that this aircraft is very versatile with many safety features. It is the first aircraft to be completely designed by computers and has the latest avionics and navigational systems.

However, all other aircraft are just as safe. The certification of every aircraft model must adhere to the same set of standards otherwise they would not be released by the authorities for the carriage of passengers.
Special K
2006-01-12 17:18:04 UTC
Aside from the recent incident in Chicago, on a per seat mile basis, Southwest is the safest. Prior to that incident they have never had anyone die as a result of an accident, in a 30 year history. Unfortanately, they do not fly to Montreal.
mpnemet
2006-01-13 15:58:49 UTC
i would have to say frontier